Sparklers are a lot of fun for both kids and adults, but it's important to remember that they burn at temperatures exceeding 1000 degrees. Because of this, sparklers are classified as handheld fireworks and should be handled with care. It is recommended that sparklers should not be given to children under the age of 5. Always wear gloves, use at arm's length when lighting them, and only light one at a time. Never hold a baby in your arms while holding a sparkler. Keep a bucket of water or sand nearby to safely dispose of spent sparklers. Always follow the manufacturer's provided instructions for safe use.